2nd Shift Machinist
St. Louis, MO
To program, edit, and perform complex set ups and operate various metal working equipment to produce precision machined components to print as instructed by lead or supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Expertly use most hand, manual, and automatic machinery, fixturing and precision measuring equipment to complete departmental assignments.
2. Maintain knowledge of additional pieces of equipment
3. Program machine, fixturing, material, and paperwork preparation such as sharpening, locating, verifying, programming, editing, etc.
4. Set up and proof CNC machines for runs to achieve a first piece quality product
5. Set-up Times and Run Times; monitor for accuracy and feedback necessary changes to programmer/lead/supervisor.
6. Monitor condition of job specific tooling or holding fixtures, make authorized changes.
7. Setup machines for Machine Operator I, II, and/or III.
8. Keep waste low, minimize scrap, use labor efficiently, and account for all parts on jobs.
9. Operate machinery above company standards for both time and quality
10. Suggest and implement improvements to machining processes.
11. Improve on product through-put via additional operations such as multiple machine operation, deburring, cleaning, etc. whenever possible.
12. Keep machinery and work area in a clean, safe, maintained, and organized.
13. Assist in other areas in order to meet the production needs of Essex and its customers.
14. Comply with all PPE and machine guarding as necessary with each job.
5-7 years of shop experience and 2-yr trade school completion; or equivalent demonstrated proficiency.
This is a Direct Hire position
Pre-Employment drug screen and background check required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour