CNC Machine Operations Lead
St. Louis, MO
To ensure the most expeditious and cost effective daily flow of precision machined components for a limited area of the shop while operating a machine.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned.
• Daily monitoring of departmental personnel to regulate compliance with operating procedures, policies, practices, standards, etc.
• Assist in determining daily priorities by use of Dispatch List.
• Arrange MRP Tasks as needed
• Adequately supply departmental personnel with needed supplies and assist them through difficulties with improvisational and troubleshooting techniques.
• Provide timely information of product status and location.
• Ensure proper training of new or less skilled employees.
• Monitor and maintain labor inputs into MRPII System
• Validate, and implement any setup or run-time changes generated by team members (MRP)
• Strong knowledge of most hand, manual, and automatic machinery, fixturing and precision measuring equipment to complete departmental assignments.
• Share knowledge of how to set up shop equipment and proof to achieve a first piece quality product.
• Assist in setting production standards and assure they are being achieved.
• Improve on product throughput via additional operations such as multiple machine operation, deburring, cleaning, etc. whenever possible.
• Monitor the output of less skilled employees as required.
• Keep machinery and work area in a clean, safe, maintained, and organized fashion.
• Assist in other areas in order to meet the production needs of Essex and its customers.
• Ensure all employees use proper PPE and machine guard as necessary with each job
• Enforce company policies and procedures to provide a positive work environment.
• Generate all necessary documentation per company policy or verbal instruction.
Strong machining background; 5-7 years of shop experience and trade school completion; or equivalent
Ability to understand processes and MRP system as well as other parameters such as capacity, staffing requirements, shop load, etc.
Knowledge of tooling, fixturing, material, program, and paperwork preparation such as sharpening, locating, verification programming, editing, etc.
This is a potential direct hire position.
Qualified candidates please submit a resume’ for consideration.
Pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour