Under the general direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, this position is responsible for installing, troubleshooting, and diagnosing production and process manufacturing equipment onsite, as well as performing modifications, repairs, and preventative/predictive maintenance tasks on existing equipment.
Prefer candidate with knowledge of plastics extrusion, converting, re-pelletizing equipment, as well as plastic resin material handling systems, chillers, air compressors, pumps, blowers, etc. Utilizes computerized maintenance inventory management system for parts requisition and work order processing. Ability to read and interpret electrical distribution and electronic wiring schematics and drawings as required.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- General knowledge required in mechanics (gears, bearings, pulleys, belts, etc.), pneumatics and hydraulics in order to effectively troubleshoot equipment problems in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Practical knowledge in the use of precision measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers, bore gauges, etc.
- Ability to safely operate shop tools such as cutoff saws, drill press, bench grinder, hydraulic press, vertical band saw, arc welders, acetylene torch and various other hand tools is essential.
- Position requires basic knowledge of electrical systems in order to detect the presence of voltage, faulty wiring, blown fuses, faulty switches, terminal ends, circuit boards, breakers and photoelectric controls.
- Must be able to assist in troubleshooting simple circuits, three-phase power systems, AC/DC drives, PLC’s and servo drive systems.
- Must be able to assist in installation of conduit runs, disconnects, fuse boxes, relays, motor controls motors and brushes.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- An Associate’s Degree or other forms of certification in Mechanical Maintenance /journeymen is preferred or equivalent experience
- Strong commitment to all aspects of safety.
- Must be team oriented and focused on quality.
- Attention to detail, cooperative attitude, and sound work ethics are essential.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation.
Job Type: Full-time
- plastic extrusion Maint.: 5 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)