St. Louis, MO
Plans and designs manufacturing processes in industrial plant. Maximizes efficiency by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods, and work force utilization. Determines parts and tools needed in order to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specification.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include but may not be limited to the following:
• Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
• Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
• Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
• Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
• Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
• Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
• Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
• Prepare, review, and approve technical drawings and documents.
• Works with engineering to resolve manufacturing issues on parts and products and works on new product development.
• Provides manufacturing hours to customer care for pricing and audit purposes.
Individual must have strong GD&T and Fixturing skills, high knowledge of SolidWorks, and previous experience with tool & die.
Knowledge equal to a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering or related field and three to five years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
This is a Direct Hire position
Pre-Employment drug screen and background check required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour